Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ordering Seeds



I have yet to order my seeds. As the other of my Martha Stewart like urban homesteader friends have already fashioned their own pots of cute paper that will beautifully bio-degrade.. you know who your perfect selves are.

 Meanwhile I'm starting at the back end of a yard that looks like a construction site lives next door.  Which makes perfect sense since one does live next door.

So have I ordered my seeds yet? N-yeah-well. Sort of.

A few seedling trays and some leftover seeds from last season were not tucked away in some tidy drawer but in the junk drawer. Nice. Whats more worrisome is that I managed to fit an entire seedling tray in a junk drawer, without crinkling.


I'm off my little Urban Game right now, I blame Downtown Abbey.


But today I'm ordering seeds. I've put together my little budget for this years crops and will indulge in some seeds, glorious seeds.

Of course all the greens we can cram: swiss chard, broccoli, salad greens, mustard greens, etc.
Then there is a small corn patch, and two zucchini plots, and a very micro pumpkin patch.

This year my goal is to extend the garden scape to the front lawn but am in deep need of ideas for Treasure Valley area front garden-scapes.

And I'm stumped. Does anyone use their front yard?

I'm off to order seeds now. Not to watch Downton Abbey. 






4 comments:

mother falcon said...

You totally watched Downton Abbey. Which I haven't seen yet. But I have my perfect paper pots to console me...

Sara said...

I did... I watched it twice. The second time just for the hats.

Katie Hartman said...

You are welcome to visit our personal front yard -- we've blended gathering space, growing space and habitat space into an attractive, productive front yard. www.simplyabide.org

Anonymous said...

I just started the front yard gardening thing. We have created a large front flower bed and interspersed rows of grasses and veggies. We'll see how this season goes, but it's much better than trying to keep all that grass alive!